GENERAL SIGN-ON REQUIREMENTS
The following are DD&S’ general requirements for applicant-drivers to haul freight under its authority*. While the comprehensive FMCSA regulations set the industry standard in qualifying safe and capable drivers, DD&S has elected to strive for a higher standard as part of its continued commitment to safety.
As such, drivers should ideally meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 24 years of age.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with at least three (3) years of experience operating a tractor and trailer. Military driving experience may count in place of one (1) year with Class A CDL or toward (1) year of experience. These requirements may not apply to box trucks, yard movers, and similar equipment and are subject to review.
- No more than three (3) moving violations in the past three (3) years.
- No preventable accidents resulting in fatalities.
- No drug violations of any kind in the last 5 years. Beyond 5 years may still be reviewed.
- No DUIs (including implied consent/impairment) in any vehicle in previous five (5) years.
- Driving record does not demonstrate an excessive pattern of moving violations.
- No felonies or convictions involving the use of a commercial motor vehicle or other transportation related felonies.
- All other convictions will be subject to review by DD&S prior to qualification.
Specialized Heavy Haul:
Van & Legal Loads: